Zindagi Milegi Na Dobara {Movies}

I watched this movie today. Yes, I know I am very late and I didn't want to review it but wanted to just talk about what I feel about the movie. I knew it would be a good movie but I wasn't interested in watching any movie so skipped this one too. Somehow staying at home and having a copy of the movie, I ended up spending my afternoon with this one. And, I would say, just like many others, I loved it. It does really mean what it says in every dialog of the movie. It does signify what is life and how a person passes all his life without living it.

I have always believed in living in the moment but is it always possible? Consciously, I can say that there have been days and years I have just passed through and never once lived a moment. But, on the other hand, if I look back at my life, I do realize there have been many many uncountable moments when I have lived my life without thinking about the future. One truth about life is that one shouldn't have regrets whatever they may do and I don't. May be minor regrets but nothing major. Because, I feel had I not lived every single second in the sequence I did, my future would have ended up very different to what it is today. And, I definitely wouldn't trade my today for anything better either. I would love to live through the hopes and disappointments I have faced today than to live and see a better future because not everything is black or even bleak. And, who says, I might have faced even bigger problems had my life deviated even a little? 

There is a scene in the movie when the three friends are drinking and Hritik stresses out the point that everything is pre-destined and written. Well, I don't knew if I really believe in it. May be I do and may be I don't because if that was so, we are puppets as said by Shakespeare that the world is a stage and all men are there to play their roles.
All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players:
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts,
His acts being seven ages. At first the infant,
Mewling and puking in the nurse's arms.
And then the whining school-boy, with his satchel
And shining morning face, creeping like snail
Unwillingly to school. And then the lover,
Sighing like furnace, with a woeful ballad
Made to his mistress' eyebrow. Then a soldier,
Full of strange oaths and bearded like the pard,
Jealous in honour, sudden and quick in quarrel,
Seeking the bubble reputation
Even in the cannon's mouth. And then the justice,
In fair round belly with good capon lined,
With eyes severe and beard of formal cut,
Full of wise saws and modern instances;
And so he plays his part. The sixth age shifts
Into the lean and slipper'd pantaloon,
With spectacles on nose and pouch on side,
His youthful hose, well saved, a world too wide
For his shrunk shank; and his big manly voice,
Turning again toward childish treble, pipes
And whistles in his sound. Last scene of all,
That ends this strange eventful history,
Is second childishness and mere oblivion,
Sans teeth, sans eyes, sans taste, sans everything. 
The diving scene was so touching. Frankly, I would love to feel something like that which would change the meaning of my life and unravel a new direction and open up my perceptions. And, then, there is a very compelling dialog from Naseeruddin Shah which goes something like this:
आखिर, सच है क्या?
सबका अपना अपना version होता है सच का.
I have never met anyone dying and I have never seen anyone dead but I have heard a lots of cases of suicide. Whether the circumstances were so compelling for that dire an action or not is up to the victims to judge but I do feel one thing:
Dying is an easy way out of things. Living is far more difficult. There are countless people everyday who are struggling to live and countless others who just giveaway their lives because they can't face their circumstances.
This is a very heavy post, I know. But, the circumstances in the past months have been such that they have made me look at life and death more than just facts of life. Well, life does teach you something or the other everyday and every second. You just need to be open to the lessons or you might end up missing. Kindly do not deprecate the post. I am sure some people would be able to relate to things I am trying to say. Thanks a lot for reading my rants.

No comments:

Post a Comment